Saturday, December 10, 2011

Hello World!

Hello everybody! I don't really know much about writing blogs, so I'm just going to jump in paw first. It's like swimming, right? (Oh, wait... I got started swimming because mom shoved me into a pool. Nevermind.)

Let me start off by telling you a little about myself. I met Mom when I was about 7 months old. My old family (or somebody) had dumped me out in the desert outside of Tucson. In July! Can you believe it? I was only 6 months old and there isn't any water out there. Or very much shade. I'm 92% black, for pete's sake! Some people have no sense. Long story short, someone found me alongside the road & brought me to the dog pound which is a pretty scary place. I was starving & dehydrated so it didn't take me long to catch kennel cough and then get really depressed. Soon I had pneumonia and even food didn't appeal to me (which is hard to believe, I know). Things were really looking grim when a nice lady (who is now my Auntie Signe!) picked me up and carried me out of there. Literally. Walking is hard work when you're that sick. But Auntie Signe took me to Mom's house so I could get better and then find my forever home. Suckers! Once I felt better, I decided that I wasn't going anywhere. I would make faces & not let people pet me at adoption events and even peed on the floor (repeatedly) to deter potential adopters. And guess what? It worked and Mom adopted me! Sometimes humans are slow, so we dogs have to remember to be patient with them. They usually come around.


Me and Mom, at the Arizona Animal Fair last spring. We're in the beer garden and I got to taste some beer. Can you tell???


No comments:

Post a Comment