Saturday, December 10, 2011

Meet My Brother: Gatsby!



This is my new brother Gatsby.  He's a 6 year old German shorthaired pointer and we adopted him in October of 2011 from a lady named Marylin who runs a dog rescue called Utah's Perfect Pointers.  He was the tenth dog that Mom & I have fostered and I made the mistake of bragging about how clever I was to trick Mom into adopting me.  Gatsby has some unsavory traits (snoring, farting, tattling on me to Mom when I'm getting into the trash or helping myself to food on the stove, etc.), but he is one smart cookie.  So there you have it, he decided to weasel-worm his way into Mom's heart and she fell for it like a ton of bricks.  Which is okay by me; he's one of the bestest foster dogs we've had!  He knows the right way to play (jumping, chasing, & biting faces NOT body slamming or wrestling), doesn't eat my food, and lets me steal toys & bones from him; right out of his mouth!  Seriously, he's a pushover.  One time I took a flying leap and landed right on his head when he was fast asleep.  He just heaved a sigh and went to lay down by Mom (for protection, 'cause he's a total mama's boy). Even though I love to pick on him, having Gatsby around is a lot of fun.  He's really brave when we're out on walks, too.  There are a lot of super scary things that can happen when you're on walking around.  Loud noises, weird strangers... yikes!  But Gatsby doesn't flinch in the face of danger, which helps me feel safer.




Oh, and he's a pretty handsome dude, too!  

No comments:

Post a Comment